WiccanWay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WiccanWay

A place for Wiccans and Pagans to come together.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Has anyone got any tips on how to celebrate if your a solitary (and very new) witch?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

chrononaut

chrononaut

Im on my own for Samhain and would very much like to celebrate! am planning a few warm drinks and a feast, but how else can i celebrate?

2Has anyone got any tips on how to celebrate if your a solitary (and very new) witch? Empty you've come to the right place! Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:46 pm

Gaia-sunstone

Gaia-sunstone
Admin

My favorite sabbat I have so many suggestions I don't know where to start....a few simple things you can do on the eve of samhain is to set out a glass of milk and a bannok to invite any spirits who want to join you for the celebration...... communing with your ancestors friends and family who ahve moved on is a great idea that can be done either through meditaion or just simply start talking and they will hear you:) but as for rituals there are many out there but I am a firm believer in creating your own rituals so they mean more to you. Really it's all about you honoring and communing with your ancestors I really like to use Doreen Valientes samhain chant before we start eating. Here is a very simple ritual if you would like to try it:

1.Decorate your Altar with a clean cloth, candles of orange and/or white, and autumn fruits.
2.Set a chalice filled with wine or cider, along with a small bowl of sea salt, on the altar. Take two sheets of paper and a pen.
3.Light the candles, and, if desired, burn incense such as myrrh or patchouli.
4.Write out a few undesirable aspects and influences of life from the previous few months on a single sheet of paper.
5.On another sheet of paper write out the key new elements of life that would be welcome. Write these as positive statements, in the present tense.
6.Using words which feel natural and appropriate, express the sincere desire to be rid of the undesirable elements of life, speaking each one individually. Visualize clearly being free of them.
7.Scrunch the undesirable list into a tight ball. If it is possible to burn it safely then do so. Otherwise simply discard the ball into a waste bin without burning.
8.Drink of the chalice to celebrate being free of these shackles!
9.Pause in reflection for a few minutes, visualizing the positive elements to be welcomed.
10.Again using natural and sincere language, express the reality of the list of positive elements.
11.Scatter a little sea salt over the list, and fold the paper so as to capture the salt in an envelope-like packet.
12.Put the packet into clothing close to the skin, extinguish the candles and incense, and set off to celebrate the evening!

https://www.facebook.com/GaiaSunstone

chrononaut

chrononaut

thanks for the reply Smile i will make sure to leave out some milk (and make sure the husband dose not drink it) it will be the least i do i think!

Sadly i dont have an altar as of yet. My son was born as we moved home so half our abode is still in the process of becoming a home.

Dagda Earthaven

Dagda Earthaven

Light a bonfire,make some soulcakes and "Go-A-Souling"its a tradition in my neck of the woods where you leave food in hedgerows and along grass verges for the wandering spirits to feed them on their journey. leave a plate of soulcakes on your porch for spirits passing by your house,here's the recipe.

SOULCAKES

Serves: 12

375g flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp mixed spice
185g butter (at room temperature = soft)
155g caster sugar
90g currants
90g sultanas
1 egg
125ml milk

Preparation method
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 15 mins

1. Preheat oven to 220 C / Gas 7. Grease baking tray or line with parchment.

2. Sieve dry ingredients into a medium-sized bowl. Rub in the butter. Mix in the sugar, currants and sultanas.

3. Make a well in the centre and add the egg and milk. Mix in well until you have a firm batter.

4. Using a dessertspoon and fork, spoon the mixture onto greased trays. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes in preheated oven.

Blessed Be

https://www.facebook.com/jon.denyer

chrononaut

chrononaut

Dagda Earthaven wrote:Light a bonfire,make some soulcakes and "Go-A-Souling"its a tradition in my neck of the woods where you leave food in hedgerows and along grass verges for the wandering spirits to feed them on their journey. leave a plate of soulcakes on your porch for spirits passing by your house,here's the recipe.

SOULCAKES

Serves: 12

375g flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp mixed spice
185g butter (at room temperature = soft)
155g caster sugar
90g currants
90g sultanas
1 egg
125ml milk

Preparation method
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 15 mins

1. Preheat oven to 220 C / Gas 7. Grease baking tray or line with parchment.

2. Sieve dry ingredients into a medium-sized bowl. Rub in the butter. Mix in the sugar, currants and sultanas.

3. Make a well in the centre and add the egg and milk. Mix in well until you have a firm batter.

4. Using a dessertspoon and fork, spoon the mixture onto greased trays. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes in preheated oven.

Blessed Be

I'd love to do this, sadly any cake i make is quickly consumed by my husband, regardless of if i say hes allowed or not Neutral

Gaia-sunstone

Gaia-sunstone
Admin

I'd love to do this, sadly any cake i make is quickly consumed by my husband, regardless of if i say hes allowed or not Neutral

Have you decided on what your going to be doing?

https://www.facebook.com/GaiaSunstone

AlilWitchy

I think I am going to make some soul cakes, leave out the glass of milk, and light some candles. I'm really hoping I can contact the spirit(s) in my house.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum