WiccanWay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WiccanWay

A place for Wiccans and Pagans to come together.

You are not connected. Please login or register

your true name

+3
Adromaedis
chrononaut
Gaia-sunstone
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1your true name Empty your true name Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:50 am

Gaia-sunstone

Gaia-sunstone
Admin

Have you found your truename? If so was it through ceremony and how did you get your name?

I chose the first part of my name in honor of my matron Goddess Gaia and sunstone came to me during meditation when I received a message in the image of a beautiful smoothe stone soaking up the cleansing rays of the sun

https://www.facebook.com/GaiaSunstone

2your true name Empty Re: your true name Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:22 am

chrononaut

chrononaut

My true name came to me a long time ago, and i changed it from my original name legally!

my true name is paris valentine, and it came to me as a name of love. when i took this name on love found its way to me along with a new and happier life Smile

3your true name Empty Re: your true name Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:44 pm

Ever since I was a Little Girl My True Name Was STAR
My mother Named me Tammy - Meaning The perfect one Or Angel
I never Felt Strong with that name, But always Seemed to Dislike it. Because I know I'm Not Perfect.

I have always Been Connected with the Stars and the universes. Even as a child I would stare at the stars and Feel as if I belonged there.
SO Star it was.

My Mother was not happy about it, But she understood, But still calls me Tammy...

So for All who know me. Yes they know me as Tammy, But I rather be Called Star.

Very Happy

4your true name Empty Re: your true name Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:01 pm

Adromaedis

Adromaedis

Honestly wouldnt know what my "True name" is but I know a few family members what their true names are. My good friend Marty is Anu. My mother is Ninharsag. And my mother's boyfriend is Enki. A friend of my mother a long while ago did say that my "Higher Self's" name is Gilgamesh - but honestly I haven't checked up on that to see if it's true or not.
The only name I know I don't want is my legal name, an I would gladly rid myself of it for a different name - hence why on Facebook I am "Gyrannon Sirath Valdagesh", a name made up by me, and one that feels like it suits me.
If that's not what ya meant, feel free to correct me :)

5your true name Empty Re: your true name Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:56 pm

Cinders Shadowfire

I don't know if its my true name or not but my guides and other beings have always called me Cinders. When I asked them why they said I am a creature of fire and shadows. So far I haven't gotten around to finding out what they meant by that...

6your true name Empty RE: your true name Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:30 pm

TeMorrow

TeMorrow

Mine is a bit unusual. My true name is my birth name. For some reason, my mom called me another name for years that wasn't even close (Still don't know the why on that one....). But I would hear my birth name whispered in the dark, scared me for years until I figured out that it was probably just one of my guides who is a bit eccentric. Not very glamorous at all, but it seems to work out okay Smile

http://uiccleveland.blogspot.com/

7your true name Empty Re: your true name Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:52 am

faraetaildreams

faraetaildreams

How does one find this information?

My mother named me Elisabeth, it is a longstanding family name that has been given to at least one female descendant each generation on my mothers side for as far back as we can trace.

However, and I don't really remember this, but the story goes that when I was quite young, yet old enough to talk, I asked if I could be called "Beth" instead. Elisabeth just seemed too formal.

Then several years ago, I needed an online identity, and couldn't come up with one. The only name that kept surfacing was 'Faraetaildreams'. So I went with that, and its been my online identity ever since...but would I call it a 'true name'? I don't really know.

Something to meditate on, methinks.

8your true name Empty true name Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:05 am

scorpius imperator

scorpius imperator

hmmmm i dont know yet to be honest. im sure it will come to me. something compelled me 18 years ago to get a black emperor scorpion tattoo and back in march i found the picture i was going to use from so long ago. now that scorpion is on my right arm from top shoulder to back of elbow and at times i feel like a scorpion based name would be approriate since i identify with their pu cheers re way of dealing in life with clear intent and clarity and finallity. Smile cheers

9your true name Empty i know now Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:07 am

scorpius imperator

scorpius imperator

after a few hours of searching through slang, scientific names, and peoples names for different types of scopions I found a two word combination that I think both calls to me and sounds good rolling off the tongue as well.

so the first part is the egyptian name scorpius. in every description about the name it does not clarify in any if that is an egyptian slang word or proper word addressing of a scorpion but they all state it is "the egyptian general name for" scorpions and I like it. the second word is the last portion of the scientific name for the black imperor scorpion and that is imperator. my favorite breed is the black imperor because they are both peaceful and reserved beings yet have the capability to do great harm if it is required but only do so in defense. This is a fantastic representation of me I believe.

so together the name ends up being scorpius imperator which literally means scorpion imperor and I kinda like that. it is both a smooth rolling name and sounds commanding as well. So i am going to use this name as my true name. out of every name i tried to either think of or speak out no matter what type or what idea it represented this was the one that sparked the hair on my neck standing up response. I always listen to that response. it has never been wrong.

10your true name Empty Re: your true name Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:11 am

faraetaildreams

faraetaildreams

Very impressive, regal, and... it feels... medieval to me. Like that is the name a very accomplished knight would take after winning the fair maiden or something like that lmao.

ok my imagination is getting the better of me but yes, it does suit you.

You need to post a picture of that tat on here by the way. I don't think you can get a mental picture even close to just how darned cool it is without seeing it.

(but you'll always be spunky to me)

11your true name Empty here ya go Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:44 am

scorpius imperator

scorpius imperator

i made my avatar me taking a rather stupid pic of the scorpion. I have no others on my phone. i also changed my name to my decided true name

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum