WiccanWay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WiccanWay

A place for Wiccans and Pagans to come together.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Personal Covenant

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Personal Covenant Empty Personal Covenant Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:07 pm

TeMorrow

TeMorrow

While I sit here enjoying this new found group, listening to music and procrastinating my true task, I thought I would incorporate it here to feel more effective geek

I'm preparing my vows and personal covenant to submit for the celebration of my Contemplative vows with the Community of the Mystic Heart, an interfaith community. I wanted to share this with all of you here. I think it makes them more "real" when shared.

If perhaps you all also wanted to share your vows and personal covenants (Those that you wish to share anyway), or create them if you don't have them....we could all support each other! Are you game? I'll start first since I brought it:

Personal Covenant

With these vows and personal covenant, I TeMorrow will walk in truth and compassion. Always seeking to gain deeper integrity by celebrating Spirit in all forms, across all religions, all people, in nature and from the depths of my own being.

I dedicate myself to Mindful Living and will strengthen and sustain mindfulness with meditational pursuits, in stillness and in movement of generative, creative, and relational practices.

I will lead by example and share my studies, spiritual pursuits and practices with others to promote peace and holistic health for individuals, family, communities, and our world. I will support others traveling this same path.

I request support in this covenant from and by the whole community and those that will join us. Please respond to let me know that this request has been heard, accepted and will be supported.

My Vows as a Contemplative
1. I vow to actualize and live according to my full moral and ethical capacity.
2. I vow to live in solidarity with the cosmos and all living beings.
3. I vow to live in deep nonviolence.
4. I vow to live in humility and to remember the many teachers and guides who assisted me on my spiritual path.
5. I vow to embrace a daily spiritual practice.
6. I vow to cultivate mature self-knowledge.
7. I vow to live a life of simplicity.
8. I vow to live a life of selfless service and compassionate action.
9. I vow to be a prophetic voice as I work for justice, compassion and world transformation.

http://uiccleveland.blogspot.com/

2Personal Covenant Empty Re: Personal Covenant Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:44 pm

Gaia-sunstone

Gaia-sunstone
Admin

I don't have a personal covenant as of right now.... but I'll give it a go on the spot Smile

I Gaia-Sunstone with these words vow to always walk the path of ethical integrity. To follow my heart in times of weakness. I vow to carry with me always the ideals that keep me on a path of enlightenment. To always help and share with those in need. To live in harmony with all brothers, sisters and creatures of this world and any other. I vow to teach what I have been taught. To always be a student in the ways of life. To always maintain my faith and spirituality so that when I or others look upon myself it is known I follow the path of tolerance, self empowerment, truth and never to be overlooked compassion.

I'm not sure if I did this right but it was nice doing it Smile

https://www.facebook.com/GaiaSunstone

3Personal Covenant Empty Re: Personal Covenant Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:54 pm

Adromaedis

Adromaedis

TeMorrow wrote:

My Vows as a Contemplative
1. I vow to actualize and live according to my full moral and ethical capacity.
2. I vow to live in solidarity with the cosmos and all living beings.
3. I vow to live in deep nonviolence.
4. I vow to live in humility and to remember the many teachers and guides who assisted me on my spiritual path.
5. I vow to embrace a daily spiritual practice.
6. I vow to cultivate mature self-knowledge.
7. I vow to live a life of simplicity.
8. I vow to live a life of selfless service and compassionate action.
9. I vow to be a prophetic voice as I work for justice, compassion and world transformation.

I honestly can't make much vows about anything because of the kind of chaotic world we live in. I can say that I will uphold my moral sense of justice an honor as best I can an will try to help when it is needed, but since I am no healer & am not Neo, I won't be able to do it all on a 24/7 basis. I also try my absolute best to live in non violence, but a lot of times I do need to try harder as I can lose myself in uncontrollable situations.

The vow I can make is that I will always come to other people's defense an help them ward off their aggressors, be they physical or spiritual, council them in their need of guidance, do my best to bring them down from rage to peace, and uplift their hearts in times of depression and/or sorrow. Friends an Family will hear my voice in their hour of need, those that dare do them harm of any form will feel my wrath - That is my vow.

4Personal Covenant Empty Re: Personal Covenant Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:31 am

faraetaildreams

faraetaildreams

Hmm.... I don't have one yet. I'm still too wet behind the ears.

I'll update when I have a chance to sit and think about it. Cool

5Personal Covenant Empty Re: Personal Covenant Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:30 am

TeMorrow

TeMorrow

These are all awesome! Thank you so much. I like how Adromaedis pointed out the issues of keeping vows during chaotic times. That is when they are particularly challenging, but also strengthen them when you are able to abide by them at least to a reasonable capacity.

I LOVE seeing the word empowerment come up Very Happy

http://uiccleveland.blogspot.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]