WiccanWay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WiccanWay

A place for Wiccans and Pagans to come together.

You are not connected. Please login or register

So Last Night Completely Sucked...

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1So Last Night Completely Sucked... Empty So Last Night Completely Sucked... Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:28 pm

faraetaildreams

faraetaildreams

My job up till last night was as an Independent Courier Driver with the logistics company Intelliquick. My office was my car, and I would often drive 6 - 10 hours a day - the majority of it freeway driving here in Phoenix.

So, for those of you that know the freeway system here, I was on the 51 just south of Indian School, I had gotten on the freeway at Indian School, and was starting to accelerate to freeway speeds because the middle and left lanes were going at a good clip.

Well, that on ramp curves slightly, so at first you can't see the right lane till you are on the ramp a little ways. I did NOT see that the right lane was not moving till after I was already on the freeway.

I slammed my foot down on the brake, realized I couldn't switch lanes, and screeched about 200 feet, leaving a dark tire mark the entire way, and slammed into the back of a full sized truck.

My car went under the bumper of the truck, knocked off the spare tire, and moved the truck forward a few feet.

That was their damage.

MY damage was much worse. I compacted the front of my car so badly that the dashboard was bent in half, both airbags went off, and they had to pry my door open.

I don't remember the air bags inflating, I don't have a clear memory of the impact (I think I had closed my eyes...) but I went up and hit my head on the visor, the air bags broke my windshield in two places, and just destroyed my car.

I was put on a back board with neck brace and transported to the closest hospital, where they checked me from head to toe, and at the end of several hours of examinations, was released from the hospital with nothing more than a sprained left foot/ankle, a bump on the head, and lots of bruises and soreness - but basically OK.

I called Scorpius in full panic/hysterics within seconds after the impact, he met me at the hospital and contacted the rest of my family for me.

Got home at about 1:30 am, took some sleepy drugs with some painkillers and woke up this morning just hurting all over.

Tomorrow I will go with my stepfather to deal with my car, I want to take pictures of it to remind myself of how lucky I was to survive that crash.

My shoulder seat belt did not lock. It failed. My lap belt kept me from going through the glass, but did not hold me down from hitting my head.

So, now that I am without income, without a car, and - at least for the next few days - staying in bed, you might be seeing a LOT of me here as I will have very little to do but play on the net, watch tv, and read till I find out what is going on with my job, car, insurance, etc.

I was wearing my classic goddess with pentagram pendant...the one I had purchased a few weeks ago after acknowledging I was one of the Goddesses' loved ones. I can only hope that it was her hand that kept me from serious injury or death, because I should have been hurt much more than what I was. Never again will I doubt that She is with me.

2So Last Night Completely Sucked... Empty Re: So Last Night Completely Sucked... Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:09 pm

Gaia-sunstone

Gaia-sunstone
Admin

So sorry about your accident honey... I am very happy to here you are okay though! I'm sure things will get better... Just keep smiling Smile

https://www.facebook.com/GaiaSunstone

3So Last Night Completely Sucked... Empty Re: So Last Night Completely Sucked... Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:39 am

TeMorrow

TeMorrow

Wow! What a night for you. I'm so happy to hear you are okay. Savor this time of healing and know that everything is going to work out great for you!

http://uiccleveland.blogspot.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum