WiccanWay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WiccanWay

A place for Wiccans and Pagans to come together.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Blessings!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Blessings! Empty Blessings! Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:42 am

Aine

Hi! I'm Aine Maponos Llewellyn, just call me Aine though (I couldn't decide between which name I wanted, so I took two and added my old family name). Hm, I'm so unused to introductions like this...well! I'm currently attending the U for a BA in Humanities, comparative religious studies to be exact. Currently training so I can pass the physical fitness test to then start training to be a police officer. Hopefully that will be my paying job while I get through seminary. (I'd really love to be a detective, and I'd really love to be a part of the BSU at the FBI but they are a team of only twelve people. Twelve people! You need a lot of amazing experience and education to get in.) My real 'calling'/vocation is clergyship/priest(ess)hood, but that doesn't really pay or sustain in the Pagan community. I hope to establish a temple or two before I die: physical temples, where people can come to worship and learn. Growing up Pagan I always wished I had a temple or community center I could go to, so I've decided I'll create one. I've heard plenty of other Pagans express a desire for such a thing (and plenty of other Pagans rail against the idea fiercely).

I was raised Pagan with a strong dash of atheistic tendencies which I never picked up. I'm so totally not an atheist at all, but hey, to each their own, right? I set up/created an online organization earlier this year, in January, called the Forest of the White Stag which I'm pretty proud of. We have 92 members, though not all of them are active (still, it's exciting for me!!). Plenty of our members are though, and our forums get interesting discussions. I really love everyone in the group. My goal is to create a stronger Pagan community, which isn't just a pipe dream. Funnily enough, pursuing this wish has made me step back from what was once very important in my life: politics and other silliness. All that ever came of my research and attempts to educate others was getting called names and a lot of meanness, which, ha, I can't stand. I only get fierce when someone is threatening my family, blood or faith-related.

As for my personal path: Celtic-leaning Feri/Reclaiming/Third Road-influenced with a heavy dash of faeries. More faith/worship oriented than spellcraft. Sort of bookish (okay, a fair bit bookish). Not really at all Recon though, since I'm more driven by personal relationships to deities rather than just what a book tells me.

http://whitestagforest.org

2Blessings! Empty Merry Meet Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:47 am

Gaia-sunstone

Gaia-sunstone
Admin

Welcome to the forum! I believe that was the most detailed intro we have seen since opening this forum lol I loved it. I very happy to get some more pgagan blood in here as I don't want this forum leaning to heavily into wicca and becoming to single minded. I hope you enjoy our forum and I'm sure we will check your out soon Smile

https://www.facebook.com/GaiaSunstone

3Blessings! Empty Re: Blessings! Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:34 am

chrononaut

chrononaut

hello and welcome to the forum Smile

nice to see another llewellyn! (although llewellyn is my middle name! )

4Blessings! Empty Re: Blessings! Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:50 am

Selena

Selena

Welcome! I am thrilled to see you join us and can't wait to meet you. Your idea is so intriguing and I would love to hear how you go about getting a temple set up.

http://awitchsjourney.blogspot.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum